FPI library is established to enrich the users with a wide range of academic resources such as books, periodicals, print and online journals, databases, back volumes, CDs/DVDs, reports and audio / video cassettes. It has a comprehensive collection of literature predominantly related to Taxation, Public Expenditure Management, Investment Appraisal, Public Debt and Government Accounts to meet the information needs of its users
Catalogue and Classification
Dewey Decimal Classification (DDC) scheme is adopted for the processing of documents. All the documents have been brought under computerized bibliographic control using web based 4.0 e-Granthalaya software. Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC) search is provided to readers. Search can be made by author, title, subject, class number, publisher or words in title and Boolean search. The newly accessioned books and working papers are displayed on a weekly basis. The books displayed at the counter can be borrowed after the display date.
The Library is open on working days from 10.00 AM to 05.30 PM
Training days from 09.00 AM to 07.00 PM
- Book will be issued to the borrower against production of library card issued by library.
- Library borrower card is not transferable.
- Member should not borrow defective / damaged books as while returning such a book they will be held responsible and charged as per the rules.
- The Member should produce his/her library card for borrowing books, failing which the library staff can refuse to issue books to him/her.
- The borrower card of a member will remain valid for the period mentioned on the borrower card.
- All members should obtain a 'No Due' certificate before being relieved from the Institute.
LIBRARY RESOURCES – ONLY FOR REFERENCE & INSTITUTE USE WITHIN THE PREMISES
- Journals & Magazines.
- News Papers.
- Thesis & Dissertations.
- Loose issues.
- Bound volumes of periodicals.
- Internet facility is open for the registered users of the Library only.
- Users are advised to make use of this facility only to support their academic and research activities.
- Users are advised to help in identifying the unauthorized users, since this facility is for the registered users.
- It is our collective responsibility, as far as the safety of the systems is concerned. Please bring to the notice of the Librarian any misuse of the systems.
- Librarian reserves the right to stop extending this facility to a person found misusing, apart from initiating action as per the rules by the FPI Authorities.
- Users shall make entry their personal details in the entry register before and after use without fail.
- Digital section is open to access e-resources with special login system. (British council library-with in library, Online journals -SAGE Publication)
- Faculty and Officers can use the facility of British council Library membership cards.
- OPAC system is available to find books of your choice.
- Members shall observe silence in the Library.
- Members shall not use cell phone in the Library.
- Members shall not write upon, damage or mark any book belonging to the library.
- Members shall not shelve books and periodicals as that disturb the prescribed order.
- Members are responsible for any damage caused by them to the books or any other property belonging to the library and shall be required to pay the penalty imposed upon them by the Librarian.
- Members shall not bring personal belongings (including Books and other printed materials) and library books borrowed by them inside the library.
- Upon any infringement of the library rules members shall forfeit the privileges of admission and membership of the library.
Rules and Regulations
- The library is primarily for the use of faculty, research scholars, trainee officers, interns and non-teaching staffs of the Fiscal policy Institute.
- The privilege of borrowing books from the library is extended to FPI community, officers from Finance Department, GoK. The reference sections open to all visitors during working hours.
- On special request, from Government agencies or research scholars from Govt. department’s short term borrowing is extended with permission from competent authority.
- Ex-faculty members are also considered as a special members but, for the purpose of reference only.
- Loss of book by the borrower should be reported to the Circulation immediately. Further, the borrower shall either replace the book within 15 days or pay the present day cost of the book if the book is in print, or 3 times the cost of the book, if it is out-of-print.
- If the book of a multi volume set is damaged or lost, the member shall be liable to replace the whole set or pay the present day cost of the book if the book is in print, or 3 times the cost of the book, if it is out-of-print cost of the same